San Jose Schools' Curriculum
San Jose Prep
San Jose Prep's Approach
San Jose’s curriculum and program are designed to be a college prep curriculum based on The College Board's Springboard and Advanced Placement (AP) programs. San Jose Prep is a College Board designated school, which allows us to offer the Pre-AP Program and the AP Capstone Diploma Program. All San Jose courses are aligned to State Standards and College Board standards to include instructional modules, practice and application activities, embedded assessment, and formal assessment. Our students enjoy lessons and activities that provide interactive learning, rich media, and opportunities for collaborative learning. San Jose Prep is a technology driven school with a one on one technology ratio, as research indicates technology is an integral part of learning.
The rigor of the academic portion of a San Jose Prep education prepares students to pass the Reading, Writing, Mathematics, and Science portions of the state assessments on the first attempt.
San Jose Prep's course catalog consists, of course, approved on the Florida Course Code Directory. This directory is published every year by the Florida Department of Education and is updated and revised periodically. Students will be able to see the different courses available to take beginning with the April scheduling appointments created by the Student Services Staff.
San Jose Primary
San Jose Primary School's Curriculum
McGraw-Hill Math Program:
- Curriculum is written by a team of teachers and mathematicians.
- The program is sequential and systematic from pre-K through fifth grade.
- Mathematical stories are embedded into the program. This combines math comprehension with important language arts skills.
- A hands-on approach is at the center of this program. Class sets of math manipulatives help students work their way through the concrete/formal stages to the abstract.
Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA):
- This comprehensive program teaches listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- It builds vocabulary and knowledge using literature, history (World and American history) and the sciences.
- The Listening and Learning Strand of CKLA emphasizes lesson activities, focuses on vocabulary acquisition, builds comprehension skills through interactive discussions during and after reading, and uses writing to extend and explore the texts and their content.
- The Skills Strand of this curriculum is a phonics program designed to build decoding, fluency and writing/spelling.
Impact Social Studies:
- Equity, diversity and inclusion take a center stage in this curriculum.
- Students learn about people from diverse backgrounds and experiences in history. They will likely see themselves reflected in some of these studies, plus they will be exposed to new viewpoints, cultures and life experiences.
- Students learn to construct meaning from unbiased informational sources.
- Students learn to gather, analyze and synthesize information. These are skills that will be used across subject matters and throughout their K-12 education. This also leads to opportunity for further research and authentic learning experiences.
- Units are focused on real-world problems.
- Students investigate relevant questions using the scientific method.
- Students learn to collaborate with classmates, create models and projects, and they learn to create and present solutions or explanations.
- Hands-on activities, print materials and digital tools give students a wide range of learning experiences.
- Each unit includes five age-appropriate student books. This program supports the development of vocabulary, language and reading comprehension while giving students a wide range of science-grounded experiences.
- Amplify Science and CKLA were created by the same publisher, so the programs complement each other.
San Jose Cecil
San Jose Cecil's Curriculum
San Jose Early College at Cecil is a College Board designated school, which allows us to offer the Pre-AP Program and the AP Capstone Diploma Program. All San Jose courses are aligned to State Standards and College Board standards to include instructional modules, practice and application activities, embedded assessment, and formal assessment. Our students enjoy lessons and activities that provide interactive learning, rich media, and opportunities for collaborative learning.
San Jose Cecil offers career academies, college prep, dual enrollment and a course sequence that ensures our students to be prepared to succeed in college, on a job in a highly sought-after field or in advanced training for a chosen career path. All courses are aligned to the State of Florida's B.E.S.T Standards, the College Board, and the National Career Academy Coalition's National Standards of Practice.
Coursework includes instructional modules, hands-on practice and application activities, embedded assessment and formal assessment. Our students enjoy lessons and activities that provide interactive learning, rich media and opportunities for collaborative learning. San Jose Cecil offers a one-to-one ratio between students and essential technology such as computers. Students will also have access to specialized technology. Examples include (but are not limited to) a fully operational commercial kitchen for culinary arts and flight simulators for aviation.
No matter which pathway a student takes to graduation (college-bound, career-bound or a combination), the rigor of academics at San Jose Cecil will prepare students to pass and excel at Florida assessments in reading, writing, math, science and social studies.
The course catalog consists of courses approved in the Florida Course Code Directory. It is published every year by the Florida Department of Education with revisions. Students revisit and schedule their academic pathway every April for the following year. Appointments are created by the Student Services team.
San Jose Cyber
San Jose Cyber Academy's Curriculum
San Jose Cyber Academy has partnered with Edgenuity to provide State of Florida's B.E.S.T Standards-aligned, online courses for grade K-12 students. The curriculum offers a variety of customizable courses that include direct-instruction videos featuring expert, on-screen teachers with rigorous assignments, performance tasks and assessments to engage students and ensure subject-area mastery. The Edgenuity curriculum meets Florida graduation requirements.
San Jose North